• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

361 Chrysler Indurstial military engines.

NTOLERANCE

Can anyone tell me what MV used a Chrysler 361 industrial engine?

A friend of mine bought a pair of them and would like to know what they were used in. I have been told by unreliable sources that they were used in a cadillac cage v-100 or vm-100.

He is looking to sell parts from one engine, and it would help alot to know what application they were used in. They are still in the lower half of the military shipping crates.

Thanks for any help.

Doc.

NTOLERANCE

Great, confirms what I was told.

Now, what is a V100?
Is it some sort of a armored fighting vehicle or transport. Anyone know where I can get a pic or two of them, cant seem to find any on the net.

Doc.

mangus580

Would he be willing to sell a complete engine? What kind of shape are they in? A buddy of mine has a V100 in need of an engine.

NTOLERANCE

Thanks for all the info, he is interested in selling engines/parts.
Please feel free to email/pm me if there is any interest.

Doc.

ntoleranse @ Yahoo . com

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi Mike,Doc
The 361 is a standard Chyrsler B block.Same as the 383/400 big block .It is similar to the RB's(Raised B-has bigger main's and stroked crank) like the 413/426/440 .Yes ,the legendary 426 is the old RB with some Hemi Heads.

The V's 361 has some special features, like waterproof ign,governer( in carb),shielded plugs,front sump oil pan/pickup but internal stuff iis pretty much the same.It may has slightly lower compression ratio.They were dropped from the auto line (after first year I think) but were used in some trucks.I have mine apart and on the stand.This Mopar series is very much like the pontiac V8s I used to build.JimK

citizensoldier

Think in these too

I believe they were used in the 1st couple XM410 8x8's also. Atleast that is what one of our museum members has waiting to go back in his. They tried many different engines in them according to what I have been told. Can anyone verify this? Just curiouse..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks