• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

37" hummer tire balancing

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dyna Beads arrived today. Not ready to mount the tires yet, so I will be a while before posting the installation photos.

IMG_3616.jpg

teking

I am currently running new BFG 37's on completely refurbished 12-bolt wheels with new O-rings and Trail-Worthy-Fab's PVC inserts (see my avatar). No run-flats. I am using CentroMatic balancers, consisting of steel balls rotating in a tube. These seem to work better than the Balance Masters, which has a fluid that rotates in a tube. I have owned and run both. The Balance Masters seem to have a better ability to balance the 37's, however they still do not completely smooth out the ride by themselves. I echo what Rich said above, if you plan to use either of these 2 products, you should at the very least have the tire/wheel assembly pre-balanced with stick-on weights prior to installation.

Having said all that, and from my past experience, I am convinced that Dyna-Beads will out-perform both Balance Masters and CentroMatics for heavy tires without having to pre-balance them with stick-on weights. Dyna Beads rotate inside the airspace in the tire at the outer-most diameter while rotating, as opposed to Balance Masters and Centromatics which rotate at a smaller diameter aroung the hub circle. Dyna Beads are small, perfectly round ceramic beads which can be installed through the valve stem after the wheel/tire has been assembled, and even after the wheel/tire has been installed on the vehicle. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

I am preparing to mount a new set of 11.00/20 NDTs and new tubes on my custom 20" Firestone split rims, and I will install 16 ounces (a full pound) of Dyna Beads in each tube. I used Dyna Beads in my last set of 11.00/20s and the ride was as smooth as my wife's Mercedes. Here's a photo -

View attachment 795346
Please please please tell me the model number of the centromatics you use. I also have trailworth fab hummer wheels with PVC inserts. My difference is I have 24 bolt wheels and not 12. I bought the H1 centromatics and the did NOT fit. Which model are you running??

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks