• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3KW MEP-16 Oil Filter Question

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to start up a 3KW gas gen set. Changing gas and oil, the oil filter comes up as a valid number at NAPA but they have no replacement for it(amazed the counter guy) we matched up a NAPA Gold 1515(WIX) filter as a close duplicate. Anyone know of some special spec. on this filter? I am ready to see if this bad boy will start.
James G.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have a spin-on or canister style? I believe I took my spin-on to NAPA and they didn't have the exact one either. I used what they gave me and it was fine.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is the spin on style, I have it mounted on the engine, it looks ok except that there is a slight gap between the filter outer lip and the filter mount. It looks like it has a good seal just a small gap between the filter caseing and the filter mount. Mine also has the electric start but it has not been hooked up(never used from the looks of it)? I am going to see about hooking up a couple of batteries to see if I can get it to turn over enough to start.
James G.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it running, there was a plastic plug in the top of the intake side of the fuel bowl, someone had tried to remove it, managed to crack it and vent the air line, no vacuum, no gas! Easy fix it just took all day to find it. Ran it for a couple of mins. tonight, smoke and too much noise for after nine so I will let it run for an hours or so in the morning to see how the generator side works. Looks like the Pioneer Tool trailer is coming on line!!!
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks