• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3rd Rusted Fuel Tank Cap in 1 year.

Dasgog

You're getting crappy fuel, it more than likely is that vegetable oil mix Fuel and that vegetable oil attracts and retains water like a mofo .

This is what happens when you go to the fuel station and run that "perfectly clean" diesel in your old Deuce so that you won't have any problems, it's just the opposite .

If you haven't figured it out by meow, fuel nowadays is total crap, gasoline is even worse, it's made from corn which attracts water like nobody's business .

The fuel tank in my old Deuce is full right to the the top with diesel, used motor oil, and ATF, and I've never had a rusty cap, far as I know it's been on there since 1963 but I can't prove it .

🇺🇸 👍
And I get that,I do, I do.. But I am now where I am at and cool, ill throw in endless oil, but now I have a tank that
You're getting crappy fuel, it more than likely is that vegetable oil mix Fuel and that vegetable oil attracts and retains water like a mofo .

This is what happens when you go to the fuel station and run that "perfectly clean" diesel in your old Deuce so that you won't have any problems, it's just the opposite .

If you haven't figured it out by meow, fuel nowadays is total crap, gasoline is even worse, it's made from corn which attracts water like nobody's business .

The fuel tank in my old Deuce is full right to the the top with diesel, used motor oil, and ATF, and I've never had a rusty cap, far as I know it's been on there since 1963 but I can't prove it .

🇺🇸 👍
Well naturally I did an oil change a month ago and then brought the oil to a local shop to dispose, I have none, so ignorant question, can I throw in the remaining new/unused motor oil for now to at least start this conversion to diesel/oil mixture?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one reason I like my A3. The steel parts of the cap corrode like crazy, but the aluminum tank itself always looks like brand new. I previously had an A2 and I always filled the tank up almost to the cap. I never had any corrosion in the tank, only the steel parts of the cap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks