• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 weeks left till Aberdeen and the ECC !!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I'm getting psyched! Can't wait to be tooling down the road in convoy headed to my favorite place for MVs! Anyone else getting as excited as I am?

Mike_Pop

I'm excited about Aberdeen but gearing up for the MTA show this weekend. Aberdeen is a great show. I'm looking forward to picking up lots of goodies which I donate to a raffle for Northwest Mogfest.

I've had several people ask if there is even going to be a convoy this year. One participant (whom will remain nameless) said, "It wouldn't even be worth doing if it was going to be the same as last year's debacle."

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry guys, I'll be dumping a whole M35A2 and M105's worth of stuff at the NJ MTA show... I have too much to try and bring only to Aberdeen... The leftovers will go to Aberdeen.. But with past experience, it wont be much....

Mike_Pop

Mark,

I'll be sure to stop at your space on Saturday. You always have great stuff at very reasonable prices.

scooter01922

i'm totally psched :) :) :) now all i need is a SS t- shirt.....so perhaps one of you will recognise me. Really looking forward to not only checking out some cool MV's but hopefully running into a few of you guys as well.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: 4 weeks left till Aberdeen and the ECC !!

Mike_Pop said:
I've had several people ask if there is even going to be a convoy this year. One participant (whom will remain nameless) said, "It wouldn't even be worth doing if it was going to be the same as last year's debacle."
Not if I can help it! Will send you a PM and see if there is some way I can help out, even if it means coordinating the convoy via phone, organizing serials, whatever. I have free time, and would be happy to help!

Mike_Pop

RE: Re: RE: 4 weeks left till Aberdeen and the ECC !!

I've offered help several times but our illustrious leader for the ECC is running the show, not me.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will SS shirts be at aberdeen, I MIGHT make it. Poss school in norfolk. :wink:

Mike_Pop

just out of curiosity who does run the ecc?
Kevin,

The ECC was set up by Bruce Kalin back in 2003 as a way of traveling safely to the Aberdeen show. It's broken down into three or four different serials, depending on what part of the country you are coming from. In that first year, Bruce, myself, and Cabell Garbee organized it. It was the largest convoy with 39 vehicles. The subsequent years were organized by Bruce and myself with Cabell heading up the southern serial. In 2007, Cabell took over as per Bruce's request. The same has happened for this year since Bruce has conflicting schedules and doesn't have time to attend Aberdeen. Because of Cabell's leadership, the ECC is suffering. I've posted my discontent but no results have come of it. I foresee this year's convoy will have much less participation than previous years. Cabell is the person you should direct questions to. He is on SS. For another thread on the Convoy:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....&t=18241&sid=4afd096ccc5685aa93871c080c3ebe88

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks