• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

44 WC-51 potential purchase

boondocker1943

Here are a few shots of the truck I'm thinking of buying. All the parts that are off the vehicle he has, they just need to be put back on, with the exception of the canvas and bows, and seat cusions, they are not included. It ran when he got it but he said it smokes. The bed is steel with wood cargo boxes, is this correct or should the bed be wood also? I want to convert it back to 6 volt, as I tend to be some what of a purist, but not a fanatic. I hope this doesnt turn into a HUGE project, as I was hoping for a turnkey purchase so I could just drive and enjoy, but I think this has great potential and the price, I think, is reasonable, $4500. anyway, thanks for looking and I look forward to all you comments and suggestions. Dean

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Dean, I'm far from an expert but from the looks in the images, the body metal looks excellent. I'd say if after you did a careful inventory of the loose parts and found everything to be there, then the price is very good.

I prefer to take projects that do not require body metal work, and concentrate on using what little skills I do have. The good thing is these older trucks are made of real metal and last long enough for me to tool around with!

Good luck with your find!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks