• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A-032 no fire

brianjbell

All, I have a MEP-016c with the 4a-032 engine. I had issues with it not running well and found that the fuel pump was on its last leg. I ordered 2 fuel pumps and got a new one installed. After installing, I cannot get this thing to run at all. I have verified that I have gas all the way to the fuel bowl. I suspect that it's not firing at all now. What is the best way to begin troubleshooting? First, can someone tell me how I need to setup the needle adjsutment on the backside of the carb? Second, can someone provide some links to the Tech Manuals for the engine and ignition system? Mine has the electronic ignition coversion (was done before I bought it). Thanks in advance!

Guyfang

Staff member
Of the two manuals listed in the number 2 message, the first doesn't list the MEP-016C, and the second doesn't list anything but generator parts. They are both generator manuals. You need an Engine book. Look in the SS manuals section, I posted them in the TM upload section, for the MEP-016A. The engine manuals are: TM 9-6115-262-14 and the -24P. The carb info is in the -14. When you want to prime this baby, look straight down at the carb. There is a brass screw. Turn it out, remove it and pour in about a table spoon full of gas. Replace the screw. Try and start the engine without choke first. If it needs it, go, to half choke. Run a little carb cleaner through the system when you get it running.

The ignition info should also be in the -14 engine manual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks