• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th Annual WWII and Veterans Weekend June 17th, 18th, 19th 2011

jmevangelista

4th Annual WWII and Veterans Weekend(SM) June 17th, 18th, 19th 2011

Well, after two months of agonizing we have finally got dates set in stone. For those of you who don't know, we have moved to a larger venue at Metro Beach Metropark June 17th, 18th and 19th. Unfortunately, this is the same weekend of Motor Muster, the automotive show at Greenfield Village. We understand that some of you have been participating in that event for a few years and won't be joining us. Please understand that the dates for this year's show were not picked to intentionally conflict. They were chosen as they were the only dates that the park could accomodate us, get all the big vehicles for the beach assault (we have a couple extra landing craft coming this year!) and not conflict with any other military show. This will be the show of the year! We have many changes in store that will make this an even better participant and guest experience. With the additional PR support of Huron Clinton Metroparks and continued support from Metro Detroit media outlets, we will experience record crowds. The meal deal will be happening again and also we have full shower facilities at our disposal along with your camping experience. No more bathing in the lake unless you like to! Metro Beach also has a full police force that will provide us with the utmost in security for the event and our stay for the weekend. Registration is now open at www.themilitaryshow.com You must register to participate.

Last edited:

jmevangelista

The MEAL DEAL is back! Vehicle owners and reenactors qualify. Here's how it works; Pay 25 bucks before the Friday of the show, eat HOT breakfast, lunch and a Mack Daddy New York Strip Dinner on Saturday, hot breakfast and lunch Sunday then stay until after the Sunday battle and get your 25 bucks back! No show feeds the troops like we do! Register today!

jmevangelista

Don't miss out on the show that prides itself in taking care of the people that make it happen better than anyone else! Registration is mandatory and can be done at www.themilitaryshow.com We are more dedicated than ever to make your experience a memorable one. We welcome your input as to what YOU would do to make the participant experience even better. Email paulvfw1146@yahoo.com or joe@locojoeworldwide.com with your input. Hope to see you at Lake St. Clair's beautiful Metro Beach!!

Last edited:

jmevangelista

Notice

Due to results of the unforeseen actions by former WWII and Veterans Weekend(SM) participants John Lind, Arsenal of Democracy Museum and the Arsenal of Democracy Motor Pool, we have been forced to cancel this year’s show. We are vigorously pursuing legal remedies for these actions and hope to be able to announce further details soon. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that these actions may have caused for you and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support. If you have been contacted by any one of the aforementioned, we ask that you please let us know what you were told. Again, thank you! We couldn’t have done this the past three years without you!

Paul and Joe
WWII and Veterans Weekend(SM)
Acme Productions, LLC

hatman

Arsenal of Democracy was surprised by the decision to cancel Metro Beach show. Our group and partners have always sponsored WWII & Veterans Weekend. The Common Law name remains, regardless of service mark. If this affects any groups we are sorry. We never stopped Joe and Paul of putting up their own money to host their show.

rickf

This showed up on the G838 board also so I did a little searching and I came up with this note from the Arsenal of defense website. Read paragraph two and three. Sounds like a little conflict there with ex members?

Arsenal of Democracy Motorpool Official Correspondence
Subject: Commanders Notes for Fall 2010
Author: John Lind
Release Date: 10/19/10
Clearance: All Members

Time has flown by during the last 18 months. We as a club have learned a lot about our group, and ourselves. We must be doing something right because there have been other groups copying what we are now doing. We can be proud that we were among the first to combine many of the different aspects of our hobby at our shows. Vehicles and Reenactors for one, as up till that point no local area MVPA group had done that. It wasn't very long ago that the Yankee Air Show was the only event in town. Many of us teamed up with Refe Renforth at the Clarkston show, and we all had such a good time we wanted to do it more than twice a year.

Our goal was a simple one: increase the popularity of our hobby, educate the general public on the history of military vehicles, and make a few dollars so we could have bigger shows. John Cole was our first commander, and one day he sat me down and chatted with me about the direction of our group. As it turns out, just about everything he told me would happen, has transpired. At this point, I feel we are in our terrible twos. We are trying to do everything at once, and there are also those outside our group, for one reason or another, who want to stop us or steal our ideas. Many of our fine members have put their heart and soul into our events. Please don't let the outside forces steal your JOY of displaying your vehicle and telling your story.

We have a few NEW events next year, and are changing the dates of other existing events. This will all be officially announced very soon, and will allow more of us to participate in our events, and help us further achieve our goals. We have found through bitter tears that we need to team up with groups who truly believe in our mission, and eliminate those who are there just for the party. Having fun is a good thing, but we are done with Professional Party Planners!

When I took over as Commander, I wanted to do two things: increase our membership, and become a 501 C 3 non-profit, so we could do charity fundraising. Then I got the bright idea to try to bring the National Convention to our area. Well, I have accomplished the first two goals, and the convention bid is on the national board table to be voted on in Nov 2010.

I look forward to working with our XO, John Yingling for a smooth change of command, however I will still be an active part of the group. I will also be turning my attention to another personal goal, which is the construction of a building for the Arsenal Museum, to be located in Warren, Mi. I know that I haven't always been the easiest person to get along with. Please forgive me for that, but my mission has always been clear. As a wise man once said, "You're entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts!"

God Bless you all, may the joy in your heart stay forever.
John Lind
CO AODMP

hatman

You have only heard one side of the story, you sound like a educated man, would you like to hear, as Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story"? If you goggle search the name WWII and Veterans Weekend, you will find who the partners of the show really are, not this Joe and Paul, the party planners. From 2008 to 2010, you have investigated, do some more!
I am done commenting on this, there is no show, the matter is closed.

Last edited:

rickf

WHOA! Easy there Hatman. I have a very open mind. As I read the first part of your reply I was very interested in the other side of the story, then you slammed the door with the second part! I have kids, there is ALWAYS another side to the story.
I only posted that as an observation not a fact. Read what it says with an open mind and think how it looks to an outsider. Sorry if I offended you.

Rick

rickf

OK, I did some looking at the differences between the shows and I see that the one by Joe and Paul has an SM after it which from what I can gather is called a Michigan Service Mark. I do not really know what that is. I get the impression that maybe they ran the show for a bit and now are not being asked to do so and they are fighting it? That is a guess and the best other side I can come up with.

Rick

hatman

Sorry too, I dont know you , sir, I'm sorry, they worked for the partners in 09, 10 and then decided to service mark our name and start their own show, we were opposed to that, using the past 3 years of information and pictures without promission. Their show canceled because of lack of money.

jmevangelista

hatman is grossly misinformed and continues to spread his propaganda. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to comment any further on this until the rest of the "story" plays out. At that time, all information will be released.

Last edited:

hatman

Joe,

This not the forum for pity poor Joe, your not a reenactor, vehicle owner or collector, just a dj, so stay that way. I am done commenting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks