• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th of July

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody interested? I have lived in the same neighborhood for 16 years, every year we have a local parade through the streets. I usually do my truck..'85 1 ton crewcab chevy, and flag, banner it up. In the past I have had fire trucks and other big equipment. Well, this year, due to the addition of the deuce, i'll do that. Lots of people looking forward to it, just wondering if anyone close would like to participate. Doesn't need to be a 2 1/2 ton, any MV would be nice. I know it's on a Tues, gotta work the next day, but, hang around, and after dark, it's a mean fireworks show!
PM me if interested. I'll also try to post in the general area. Thanks for looking.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did a parade last weekend. Supporting Patriot Guard Riders. My truck got second place in the antique vehicle catagory. I didn't even know there was a contest.

I'd of at least washed the dirt off the wheels. It wasn't really that bad, and hey I was just having a ball anyway you look at it.

WW - WASH your truck! Oh, and two pvc poles will fit in each stake hole. With the troop seats in place, I think there were five or six people in the rear of my truck. Ten flags per side on pvc poles, another ten on the front part of the troop seats.

And the truck WAS clean other than a little dirt on her shoes. We were tail end charlie for about sixty plus Motorcycles of all sorts. Mainly HD's but everything else as well.

I wore my desert tan camo's (clean of course) with cover. Great day all the way around.

Desert Rat

I'm planning on being with the Military Museum of Texas this year, like last year. We'll be in downtown Houston for the show. This time I'll have a diesel genset with an A/C unit to make the stay more comfortable (thanks McInfantry!!!!!!!). I'm sure my truck will be put near the center of the museum's display since I'll have the A/C going. I'm hoping to have the trailer painted by then too. Time will tell. By this time next year I should have everything blasted, painted and properly marked for a nice display. It would be really awesome to have 'Storm finished, the trailer finished, both CUCVs finished and all of them on display next year!

Hey that sounds like fun Will but I am a pyrotechnician and will be doing the fireworks show at Verizon Amphitheater.

Keep us up to date on any more gatherings as you are close enough to be possible.

Would you be interested in making it to Glendale Community College?

Meeting on the second Saturday of every month.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that would be great. It would be nice to meet some of the people that I have chatted with on line and maybe get something organized down here in so. Cal. Everything seems to be east of the Mississippi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks