• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4X4 selection

Weezer4117

For everyday driving, what range should I operate a M880 in? There are a few selections, Im wondering if I have it wrong causing the transmission to get hot. Withouy looking, I think there is a hi/lo/n operation. I have never operated a truck that was all time 4x4, but i have to assume that the truck needs to be in 4hi.... thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your transfer case has 5 selections. High lock, High, neutral, Low and Low lock. Both lock positions are for off road/slick surfaces only. Using these on hard dry pavement causes bad juju. Low is low and limits top speed to about 35 MPH. Use high.

Weezer4117

Thanks, I will double check to see where its set. I dont drive this truck alot (maybe 300 miles per year) to the woods for firewood and in the winter with its western plow. A few times the tranny has gotten uncomfortably hot and im just making sure I am operating it normally. I have NEVER really worked this truck. And even in the winter I only plow 3-4 short driveways near my house. The hump in the cab near the tranny gets pretty hot to the touch. This is somewhat natural im sure but a guy cant hold his hand there for long. The exhaust from the engine plays in a little but I just dont like that it gets so hot.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks