• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Allison MT654CR (MT600) series troubleshooting guide needed...service manual?

I found some generic testing online. I am looking for a more in depth manual or trouble shooting guide that might break down the testing of the valve body and pressure diagnostics. I have a very clean transmission in a M923A2 that had some weird issues I would like to attempt to shake down prior to a rebuild. Any help is appreciated.

Tranmission will temporarily work in all forward gears and reverse. Once it get to full operational temperature, it progressiveley gets sluggish and stops all together. It will road drive at 55/60 but feels like it is slipping. We are about to do a pressure port test, drop the pan and look at the valve body, and do a general inspection for metal...ect...just want to do my homework in advance. I did find this (too big to attach)...in addition to teh free Allison stuff on their website. Most of the good stuff they want to $ for, so I may have to pony up and buy some manuals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clark19

I am also looking for detail schematics or drawings for the M923A2 Allison Transmission (MT654CR) valve control body.
Where can I get that info?
Thnx,
Clark in California

HDN

The closest free PDF I could find was a service manual for transmissions up to the MT653. I have no idea what the difference is between the MT653 and MT654 besides the version number (the last digit in the model number). The MT654 might have some different component design or features that the MT653 might not have, so I'm not sure the manual I found would be a good idea to follow.

ladoublet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The closest free PDF I could find was a service manual for transmissions up to the MT653. I have no idea what the difference is between the MT653 and MT654 besides the version number (the last digit in the model number). The MT654 might have some different component design or features that the MT653 might not have, so I'm not sure the manual I found would be a good idea to follow.
The problem that I am having is that the engine dies as soon as I put the transmission in gear.

HDN

The last time someone had a problem like this, it was a fuel-related issue:

The solution for this member's problem is in post #58. Your problem might have a different cause, but reading through that thread will give you some ideas about stuff to look for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks