• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton-Atlanta Auto Show- M923A1

mattwspeed

I bet this is the first time an M923 has ever sat inside and on carpet for a week straight LOL... Thanks to all those who came out and saw us! Enjoy the pics!aias.jpgaias2.jpgaias3.jpgaias4.jpgaias5.jpg

mattwspeed

110%.... You can barley see em when they are stock and red. Although red is designed to make it easier on our eyes to see the gauges, enough blue light works just as well and looks cooler! :)

MtnSnow

Red light doesn't degrade a persons night vision like "white" light does. Also red light can't be seen from as far away as White or other colors. However, combat medics have found that when treating casualties on the battle field at night using a red light makes it almost impossible to see blood. So green or blue lights are becoming more popular for use in the medical arena as well as the military from what I am told.

mattwspeed

End of the day... The blue light is all for looks LOL. This show pony will spend the rest of its days on the road and in a private aircraft hanger in Nashville TN. Good to know about the red light though![thumbzup]

turnkey

Very nice build ...USN uses Green or Blue lights in CIC now....Red lights on bridge still used...We use Blue lights on the comm gear trucks....Wish we had your rig..Lookslike all of fun just waiting to happen....Thanks for shareing.

mattwspeed

No problem.. All the extra electronics in the cab, radio, DVDs, and light switches were blue light so it made sense to use blue dash gauges! Glad ya like it!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All cockpit lights for NVG were converted to blue long ago in the military, Blue is better on the eyes in NVG environments.
flashlight lenses in our aircraft were blue as well....we used blue in aided and unaided flight.

Jason O

Great looking truck. Is the white finish gloss automotive paint, or a textured bed liner type finish?

I've been considering doing a tractor in white with black trim, and after seeing your truck, I'll likely go for it.

Got any more photos?

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
End of the day... The blue light is all for looks LOL. This show pony will spend the rest of its days on the road and in a private aircraft hanger in Nashville TN. Good to know about the red light though![thumbzup]
I noticed the truck on flebay today did the buyer not come through in Tn? Good luck with the sale!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks