• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Axle questions

kfrosty

I'm changing axle housings on a couple of 5 ton axles.

1. Looking for part #'s for the "axle hub" gaskets for each side. (I'm hoping to find these at a parts store.) I took the bolts out to pull the axle shafts out and the gaskets came apart.
  2. I haven't got the axle housing lifted off but there looks to be a gasket there is well. Anybody have a part number?
  3. I pulled one of the axle shafts out and tried to get it to go back in. Any tips on getting them back in?

I got a chunk with a locker in it and putting it into a A2 housing to try and preserve ABS & CTIS. I've looked at the parts lists and having found these yet.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Truck pro should be able to match it up. Or take the axle tag number. Same for both parts. I just use ultra black permatex on my axles shaft to hub facing
All rockwell axle parts are compatible with their commercial cousins generally.

The axle you have to play it just right. Pressure down on the face and try to lift the shaft to jump into the spider gears. Its got its sweet spot. Also twisting it to get the splines to line up.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

kfrosty

Truck Pro ended up being a waste of time. Ended up finding them on ebay for $2 a piece when purchasing 10 at a time.

To add to getting the axles back, push them in until they hit. Push down on the top center of the hub cab and in at the same time. When it goes in another couple of inches, you're up against the hole in the gear. Start twisting while pushing to get the splines lined up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks