• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Beadlock Bolt Pattern for Adapter Plate

clb076

I am in the process of designing some adapter plates for 5 ton wheels to fit my A3. I know the A3 Bolt pattern is 6 on 8.75 but does anyone know the pattern for the lock nuts on the 5 ton wheel it is 16 on ____? Thanks for any help.

I plan on lathing out the centers of the 5 ton wheels and using them to run 16X20's. Right now I am considering mounting the 1/2" adapter plate in between the wheel halves using 2 o-rings per wheel. My second option would be to knock out the locking studs and put the plate on the back side of the wheel. What are your opinions on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!:-D

-CLB

spicergear

How about 10 on 11.25". Where are you getting 16 from? I've seen 10, 20, and 20 on a 21 pattern spacing for the beadlock but only 10 for the wheel unless what you have is off another piece of equipment...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
......... Right now I am considering mounting the 1/2" adapter plate in between the wheel halves using 2 o-rings per wheel. My second option would be to knock out the locking studs and put the plate on the back side of the wheel. What are your opinions on this?
1st option would be kind of difficult to accomplish...., IMHO
2nd one is what many have done, so far. And it allows for a bit less backspace, too.
Original bolt holes in both halves are relatively large so think about adding some kind of dowel pins to ensure all three parts stay perfectly centered when mounting the tire.

See drawing for bolt size.

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Right now I am considering mounting the 1/2" adapter plate in between the wheel halves using 2 o-rings per wheel.
What are your opinions on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!:-D

-CLB
Some how I missed this part. That won't work.

clb076

It turns out I was misinformed. It appears that the wheels I am getting are in fact 5 ton wheels. The only dimension I am missing is the one shown as 15.00 in the attached screenshot. Can anyone help clarify this. After the model is complete I will gladly post the DWG file for everyone to use! Thanks for all the quick feedback!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks