• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton boneyard

grounded

Banned
LDS,
Hardtop,
Window glass frames,
tractor fenders for the rear

if i can swindle my way into any of them or some other parts i be happy ;) and to start off your list.

IF you can get something together and we can get some parts. Ill supply transport to the northern part. Im sure us northern guys can divide up fuel cost to "HELP" save some stuff we need and these trucks

citizensoldier

A few things I would be interested in are tool boxes, 5th wheel plates with ramps, tractor taillight brackets, fuel tanks and fuel pumps, LDS 465 1 A motors/parts, drive shafts, axle shafts and so on.. Lots of good parts still on them. I can see the grounded train chugging already.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, how do you tell a lef tank from a right? I have a tank off of an M52A2 but don't know which tank it is!

citizensoldier

I don't know any Alabama loggers, but I am a Vermont logger. We don't beat our equipment to death here in the green mountain state. Right now you can go over to the deuce page and watch someone on video driving a perfectly good truck over very large rocks. And guys want to say "those loggers" ? If you work your equipment you respect it and its limitations, you take care of it--really good care--and it takes care of you. You drive around the rocks. or fire up the dozer and move them.

There. That's my defense of us northern folks who work in the woods.
A good defense and I agree true for most.. But some others will buy equipment on the cheap for one or two jobs that pay good only to abuse it and leave it in the woods when finished. I dont agree with it but have seen this before up here in Michigan. Its kind of a step in the process to getting new equipment. Some big farmers are guilty of this too.. Its great when some of us OD heads find a pile like this sitting somewhere that the guy will deal on. Parts is parts.. Here is a good quote to go along with this.. " Its my fkn truck and if I want to put gas on it and set it on fire I will. What business is it of yours?" So sayith Dave P after a old timer told him not to abuse his great white hope M37 like that. :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want the hangars as well? Shall I send it north on the next exchange? It might could ride along with DaveP's converter dolly. I know it came off a tractor, I got the LDS motor and all the 5th wheel stuff.

citizensoldier

Oooops! :oops::oops: After a closer look at the tractor I have discovered they removed the passenger tank and put it on the drivers side!??? So its the drivers side that I need! So I need the one with the pump hole on it.. and the pump in it would be a bonus too.. Oh crap.. I better gather some money in pile.
The picture of the one missing a tank are of the tractor.. The others are of the proper set up on the dump truck..
I am glad I did not purchase a passenger side one and then go to put it on.. Ooops..
Hey Grounded! I need the drivers tank with a pump! lol...

Attachments

wbv

Just a little info I found on fuel tanks.

This logger who owns the trucks I posted has had a great deal of experience (years) with them. He said that one of the biggest things they had trouble with when they got the trucks was air leaking into the fuel system through cracks in the lining, etc. causing low pressure in the system. He usually removes one of the tanks and re-plumbs the lines. He said that air leak would make the trucks lose power under a load - run ok when not pulling.

grounded

Banned
Lane is there much a diffrence in the driver side tank and a deuce tank? i got to really compare that tank i got and take pics. i keep thinking it might be one. aint sure I do know its off a old dump truck.

Grounded train can make a trip if we can arrange it ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks