• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton in VA GSA Auction

rockman

Sorry, but here is one other interesting one..

CARGO TRUCK, MFR:KAISER JEEP CORP., MDL:XM813, 4315 MILES, 6 X 6, 5 TON, SN:157, DIESEL, IT RUNS, (RPT#47339K71760025)

THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY IS NOT WARRANTED.

Attachments

M215

VA 5 ton

I looked at this truck, very rough shape. GSA listed this truck as running, the guy at the GSA sight stated it runs if push started. What I found interesting was the very large hole through the radiator, maybe caused by a fork lift. The cooling system was bone dry and I had a very difficult time turning the motor over by hand, damaged / seized up from overheating?

So the question is do I suffer the wrath of fellow SS members by advertising a vehicle here on the web for the whole world to see? Or give a fellow SS member a heads up about false advertising from GL or GSA and alert them before purchasing an item with possible big problems?

Like the old saying goes, buyer beware.

Just my humble $.02

littlebob

RE: VA 5 ton

rockman,
I feel your pain. I'm torn when I see something really cool and feel like I don't want to post because of the ridicule I will recieve. I will admit that looking at the vehicles and posting details may harm other bidders that have done the same and would do harm but, we should all realize that 99% of our potential competitors
know all of the same sites to watch and just posting it will not make much difference in the outcome of the Auction. I did not post anthing about my truck when I was bidding on it in April of 06, but I saw an M54 here for the same $1210 a year and add dayl later for the same amount(spooky), and thought some poor roofing contracter might win it and destroy it or end up junking it. When it finally sold I posted something about it and got no replies.I hope it went to good home, it had recent(last ten years) rebuild and had alot better sheetmetal than mine did. If another member with enogh rank asked me to give my opinion I would have taken the time to find out more via PM/Email
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=108450&highlight=#108450 littlebob

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I know this is a sensitive issue and some would even think that it is not ethical to say what you are bidding on to friends here on the site. I know I have bid on and won some and lost some while a member of Steel Soldiers. I have gotten way more out of posting it after I won or lost it and in most cases the things I lost were to the infamous 8500. While I do not have a large buget to put up on these auctions I always know before I start what dollar amount I am willing to go to and that is unchanged by who knows about it.

With the GL putting ads in Trucktrader Online our discussion amoung friends is the least of my worries.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: VA 5 ton

M215 said:
I looked at this truck, very rough shape. GSA listed this truck as running, the guy at the GSA sight stated it runs if push started. What I found interesting was the very large hole through the radiator, maybe caused by a fork lift. The cooling system was bone dry and I had a very difficult time turning the motor over by hand, damaged / seized up from overheating?

So the question is do I suffer the wrath of fellow SS members by advertising a vehicle here on the web for the whole world to see? Or give a fellow SS member a heads up about false advertising from GL or GSA and alert them before purchasing an item with possible big problems?

Like the old saying goes, buyer beware.

Just my humble $.02
I believe that it is two entirely different things for someone to post because they feel like it since they are not bidding on it vs. people giving a heads up on a damaged or misrepresented vehicle. I am very much against the first, and for the later. This vehicle was not pretty at all by the way. There is another 5ton that is coming up that is missing the turbo and other engine parts, I looked.

This auction did not sell, by the way, because they set a reserve for the auction. The head guy has this idea that is stuff is gold, and keeps doing this. He has actually complained to me about how he wants to get rid of all of his GSA stuff from the yard.

TacticalTruck

RE: Re: VA 5 ton

The head guy there is well.....an idiot. Most of the GSA stuff there has been there for years and is only now being auctioned because he got in trouble and some contractors are cleaning up the system there. He lost his keys and did not tell anyone. Some temporary emploiees found his keys and used them to break into the gun cabinet and sell them in downtown Richmond. A perfect example of how it is easier to promote someone in the government to get rid of them instead of firing them.
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks