• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-Ton M923A for Land Work

randmbobtruck

I've got myself a 5-ton and I also have a lot of acreage. Mostly bought this guy to be able to get around anywhere and as a somewhat insurance policy to access to my property.
Now that I've had this guy for a year, I'm wanting to a bit more with him.
Has anyone attempted or seen these types of trucks used for some farming or land work?
For my case, I'd love to find an attachment/trailer for the hitch to simply tow behind and do some bush hogging/mowing. Not using the air system, but bonus if that's possible.

Thanks all.
Bob.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've got myself a 5-ton and I also have a lot of acreage. Mostly bought this guy to be able to get around anywhere and as a somewhat insurance policy to access to my property.
Has anyone attempted or seen these types of trucks used for some farming or land work?
For my case, I'd love to find an attachment/trailer for the hitch to simply tow behind and do some bush hogging/mowing. Not using the air system, but bonus if that's possible.

Thanks all.
View attachment 891606
Guessing you already own a tractor with a bush-hog attached?
Finding a trailer shouldn't be too bad. There are a couple in the "Classifieds" section here.
Need to figure out how long a trailer you might need.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Thanks all.
View attachment 891606
This is the trailer that @simp5782 mentioned.
AND it is fairly close to you too...

randmbobtruck

Guessing you already own a tractor with a bush-hog attached?
Finding a trailer shouldn't be too bad. There are a couple in the "Classifieds" section here.
Need to figure out how long a trailer you might need.

Thanks. I actually do not own a tractor or bush-hog. Really new in the first full year here, access and living was the first year priority. I'm looking at purchasing the equipment now to manage the rest of the acreage. Which is why I'm wondering how much I can use what I already have. So part of my question is actually the feasibility of using the rear hitch in general, do I need adapters?
And then, what type of attachments might work, ie ones that work with "X" kind of tractor, or even ones for ATVs.

I don't think I would need a military trailer right? I could attach directly to the rear of the truck?

I really just don't want to maintain a typical tractor or learn my way around one. I'm not doing any kind of farming/harvesting, just want to maintain and some special projects.
So outside of this forum, I would look at getting a dedicated bush hog if this isn't possible (like the orec brush rover).

But if it would work for a rough-cut tow-behind mower, like this, that would be amazing. The hard part would be the controls and translating the hitch?
https://www.woodsplitterdirect.com/products/swisher-44-inch-rough-cut-tow-behind-trail-cutter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks