• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Power Steering Question

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the back side of a one gallon jug for Carquest "Premium Tractor Hydraulic Fluid".

The only question that remains (for me anyway) on this subject is if in fact Allison specification Type C3 superseeds Type C2, which is specified in the '68 TM.

Attachments

CGarbee

cranetruck said:
The only question that remains (for me anyway) on this subject is if in fact Allison specification Type C3 superseeds Type C2, which is specified in the '68 TM.

To quote one of the technical papers I have here at work (from one of the lubrication suppliers...):

"The Allison C-3 Specification was developed in 1977 to replace the C-2 Specification because available fluids did not provide adequate friction retention with graphitic clutch plates commonly used in Allison powershift transmissions."

I'll do a little more poking around to see what the performance specification differences are between Types C2, C3, C4...

FWIW: Syn-O-Gen Universal ATF No. 751 states that it may be used for single universal fluid for the following requirements:
DEXRON-II, Ford Type F, MERCON, Ford M2C138-CJ, Daimler-Chrysler 236.6, Ford M2C166-H (Type H), Detroit-Diesel/Allison Type C-2/C-3/C-4, Caterpillar TO-2.

Syn-O-Gen Universal ATF No. 751 is a product of Primrose Oil Company of Dallas, TX.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks