• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Pre cleaner.

vtdeucedriver

Looking for the airfilter that pre cleans the air before the can filter on the 5 tons. Seen them on M123's and 5 tons.

Thanks for the help.

Jones

RE: Pre- Filter housing

If it's like ours it just a dirt/dust seperator. No filter element in it; it just spins the air so that the crud is centrifically removed.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Pre- Filter housing

Jones said:
If it's like ours it just a dirt/dust seperator. No filter element in it; it just spins the air so that the crud is centrifically removed.
As note of interest, the m656/xm757 trucks have a "2-stage" filter with built-in vanes to get the air circulating. The end section is the dust collector.

Attachments

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: Pre- Filter housing

Jeff Symanski was selling them at Aberdeen a coupla years ago... I have one on my M543A2... It is a precleaner... just to keep the big crud out of the real filter...

rmgill

Bjorn, that's how the airfilters on the 5 tons are set up (M813s and M54s). Same vanes and such.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks for pointing that out Ryan, I had a filter canister from an M543 at one time and it was just a simple "barrel", must have been an exception....

rmgill

Bjorn, when I looked at a replacement filter for my 5 ton, I seem to recall that it didn't have the fins. And it seemed like the fins were part of my 5 ton's filter, not a separate ring. Could be one of those application specific things where there's slight differences in the filter from manufacturer to manufacturer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks