• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton spring pack ?

SuperJoe

have almost all the details worked out for my 16-20 conversion on my deuce. at first i was considering swapping the dog bones with that of a 5 ton for proper length. then i was told by multiple members that they are much larger. my brain thought how much larger could they be? well i went to the annual military show in phx this season and by god they are tremendously larger. only thing i have left with my designs are the spring packs. the factory springs will not reach the axle location at the determined distance apart needed.

so the questions.

does the 5 ton have a similar width spring as the deuce? 2.5 inches i believe

does the 5 ton have the similar floating springs sitting on top the axle in a carriage as the deuce?

does anyone have a 5 ton spring pack set they feel they would be better without the lower 5 springs?

thanks in advance fellas

Joe

SuperJoe

73m819 thank you. even with a 3 inch spring i still have almost 3/8s inch left in the pocket to slide around.

if it wont work i could have the local shop build me packs. or at least partials. whats the length on the first spring?

SuperJoe

RedbeardTheZombieHunter the plan is to remove about half the springs. i doubt i will ever have 2.5 tons in the back of a truck with a deck height of aprox 68 inches. i have another idea done for the ride quality. i just need something that i can use to oppose the axles in an off camber aproach. my first thoughts of a dual, dual triangulated 4 link would have worked well; but would lack the truck weight forcing one wheel down if the second were to rise, and was a deal breaker. i usually deal with 4x4s so articulation is a big deal. this design however doesnt need so much articulation as it dose keeping all the wheels on the ground. its a great design so i am trying to use as much of it as possible.

it is a great idea though and thanks for sharing. i am sure there will be something, probably simple, that i will miss and would like it pointed out. thanks for the response

SuperJoe

called a vendor and they said the spring pack is 5 feet long and 7 inches tall for a 5 ton. can anyone verify this please

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks