• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton tractor differences

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ft, i don't see how a boom can be called a winch, very few people will hook something to the boom and pull

the tractor/wreckers hoist winch has 5/8 cable, needs to be 3 parted to get max. pull (#20000), there is only enough cable on the drum for the hook to hit the ground with the boom stretched out (26') and up all the way, using the hoist as a recovery winch will BREAK things, starting with the cable

grounded

Banned
ft, i don't see how a boom can be called a winch, very few people will hook something to the boom and pull

the tractor/wreckers hoist winch has 5/8 cable, needs to be 3 parted to get max. pull (#20000), there is only enough cable on the drum for the hook to hit the ground with the boom stretched out (26') and up all the way, using the hoist as a recovery winch will BREAK things, starting with the cable

thanks for the cable info ;) now i know what to start looking for on getting new cables for my M819 when i get it home. ;)