• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton wrecker doing a little work

rizzo

lifting 8k slabs off the trailer
It had problems rotating. not sure why. it is rated to rotate 10k
it sat for a long time. i think it might be grease.

wrecker has a soft side

Capt.Marion

keep posting them useful pics, maybe I can use them to convince my mother to let me get one sometime in the next, lets say, 100 years!

rockman

english service??

In looking at your wreckers softer side (robin eggs), it looked like the fairlead roller on the driver side was well worn, I wonder it this was from pulling brits' out of the ditch....

Its friday...

Bill

rizzo

Re: english service??

rockman said:
In looking at your wreckers softer side (robin eggs), it looked like the fairlead roller on the driver side was well worn, I wonder it this was from pulling brits' out of the ditch....

Its friday...

Bill
haha, no. Brits have those little teeny cars and I pull those out by hand.

Cdub

back when I was doing some Heavy Duty towing my boss almost bought a Military Wrecker but never did...........

I wish he had........looks like a lot of FUN to PLAY with..........

Those rear drag winches are just AWESOME...... [thumbzup]

C'dub

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats all the hoopla about having a military wrecker? They are heavy, slow, cumbersome, labor intensive to operate and stinky. Any commercial wrecker would be be 10 times more user friendly to use. With that said, there is no way I'll give up my military wrecker. As heavy, slow, cumbersome, labor intensive to operate and stinky as it is, it makes up for that 100 fold with character. I can't imagine life here without it even though it is a little dinky feller. Tomorrow it will be standing tall sporting the Colors of this great nation as we observe a day to memorialize those who have paid the ultimate price for the freedom we enjoy.

rizzo

vince is going to use them for a floor in a barn and I am going to use them for a bridge and to stack up to drive on. Or whatever else I can think of.

Cdub

OUTSTANDING..................!!!!!!

Love those wrecker pic.....We need a thread just decated to
Big Greens at work........

C'dub

5tonpuller

There is a plate ( on mine anyway ) that tells you what you can safely pick. I think 10k is with the arms on.
The ones that have the pads that sit on the ground. ( shipping braces I think there called ) I to have used my
wrecker for other things then looks nice. Loading stone palets, logs, cars, draging 24x24 cabin across the field.
I have even won a ugly contest. I my be slow and ugly, but I drag cabins !! LOL
Great pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks