• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

50's Deuce Dump Truck on Southern Airboat Website

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was on ebay a couple weeks ago and did not sell. Would be nice to have.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also remember this being posted in our classifieds a while back. I'm looking for a deuce dump and I'd jump on this one but I really want the M342A2...same engine, axles etc. as my current deuce.

nattieleather

Yes...if you have the time and money anything is possible.... :)

I'm sorry but that is a gay cammo job...:)

The auto trans may be difficult to mate up to the multifule unless you wanted to swap out the trans also...but then if you go with a stick you'de have to but in a clutch peddle and all linkage or lines if using a hydrolic system..etc.

hmburner

50's Duece Dump Truck

I just finished a powerplant conversion on a M 135. I converted to a hydraulic clutch and the cost was about 200 bucks for a new chevy master and slave. If you are not a purist about it,the job is not that hard since all the parts needed come from a mid eighties 5 ton chev truck. You could use the 5 speed and a small block chevy (common conversion from what i see) or go to diesel power like i did. As always, working on old MVs is almost always expensive and i don't charge myself labour. I converted to 353 GMC two stroke deisel and if i had to do another, i could do all the engine mount fitup in a day or two. If you are looking for a project,make sure wifey is prepared for "the other woman". Mine is pretty understanding,as long as i'm home for dinner on Sunday night

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks