• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

50's model dodge

I have a friend was in Seabee's and was asking yesterday if id ever heard or seen a Y model dodge tractor he said it had a gas 6cyl in it with 2 carbs was a monster of a truck id like to get info on it but cant seam to find any . If possible to get some pics too. Thanks in advance ....Doc..... new home of the Happy Hooker . :razz:

gerrykan

docfarmall,
Here is a scan from a parts manual of an exploded view of this motor.
They were first built in 377 cubic inch displacement, and later enlarged to 413 cubic inches before being replaced with a V-8 hemi.
They are a gasoline truck engine from the 1950's, so are only around 6.5 or 7 to 1 compression ratio.
I have only seen one in person, and they are an impressive sight.

The parts manual doesn't show any complete vehicle pictures, but I may have a picture around here somewhere.
The trucks used the same styling as other early 1950's Dodge trucks except that the fenders were longer to accommodate the motor.
These trucks can be identified by the 10 lug Budd type wheels, although spoke wheels may have been optional.

Dodge Y Motor 1952.jpg

Another Ahab

The parts manual doesn't show any complete vehicle pictures, but I may have a picture around here somewhere.
The trucks used the same styling as other early 1950's Dodge trucks except that the fenders were longer to accommodate the motor.
These trucks can be identified by the 10 lug Budd type wheels, although spoke wheels may have been optional.
Like to see those.

gerrykan

I should have been more specific, and said cast spoke wheels with Dayton type rims.
They are shown in the top picture in the second image that cbear posted of the sales brochure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks