• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53” tires

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I'll be that guy and throw out the "53s are only rated to sustained speed of 55 mph" warning. How that's interpreted for a 10 ton tire on a 5 ton truck is a can of worms that's been chewed on in several other threads.

On the main topic, I've heard that the math says 72 mph at redline

Superthermal

That M809 series is looking so TUFF! I would be interested to know your turbo setup. If you have a post about it, if you would send me a link that would be cool of you.
On my M813 I am only doing 55 since that is the highest speed the tire is rated for. I have caught myself hitting 58 a few times but without a turbo on my NHC250 my truck is needless to say GUTLESS. Not sure if everyone else's is the same but definitively not spunky. My tires are the Michelin XZL version. There are some other manufacturers out there that also make a 16.00R20 like Goodyear and Pirelli if I'm not mistaken that may have higher speed ratings.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks