• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

54 Pin Plug wire diagram needed

tager705

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of fixing shorts, random hacked wires etc. I had basically ignored this cap until i bumped it and the cover popped off to revealed I think a 54 pin plug. I asked all my friends that used to drive the HMMWV and got the following suggestions which don't seem to make sense.

option 1:Slave port.
Option 2: radio plug
Option 3: diagnostic computer plug.

I'm inclined to believe its option 2 but from my research most of the radios run on a 9 Pin connector, also a vote against this option is on the passenger side I have a large black cable that's been chopped off (De-milled:roll:). Clearly its not a slave port two pins vs 54 pin. Option three is kind of out because I don't think their is an ECU on the HMMWV so how would it have a diagnostic plug.

Here is a photo of the plug, mostly just curiosity as to its purpose and if any one has a wiring diagram. Thanks

IMG_2113.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The crude "STE-ICE" (simplified test equipment internal combustion engine) plugs in there. Totally analog inputs to the device such as fuel pressure, cranking amps etc. It does not need to be connected.

snowtrac nome

have fun finding one in all my years in the motor pool I used it once for training. the plug can be handy as plug s and t goes straight to the starter solenoid and if you have a control box failure with a paper clip you can start the truck from that plug

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks