• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5kw or 10 kw- is one better than the other?

Chief_919

Chief,
That's good to know if I have to run the set in the dead of winter. Just how cold does it have to be though. For the most part in Ohio, we really don't see below 20 too often. It happens sometimes but not a lot in my area.
When I have seen it it ran from 20 degrees to -20, but I suspect humidity comes in to play as well as there was never a consistant temp/load formula that would do it.

It was actualy kind of funny- after tons of dire warnings about NOT using space heaters to my troops, they all saw me outside plugging banks of space heaters in to the gensets and heating the outdoors.......

Wrench Wench

Wrench Wench:

The world's crust is iron- who will move it?

My Latin sucks...:roll:
So does the Internet's... Latin... sucketh. Never trust an automatied translator program, at least where Latin is concerned. I was trying to render a sig quote I got off USACarry into Latin to use here and it went... wrong.

The English is "Somewhere, somoene is training very hard to kill you. What are you doing?"

Most of that was rather easy to translate. I had to substitute "diligently" for "very hard". That's the part that was getting translated as the word for iron. But, is training was never ever, EVAR getting translated as an infinitive verb. It was always translated as a noun, as in training, that in which you have been drilled, that which you know, not obtaining that knowledge or doing those drills. Even Notre Dame's Latin dictionaries fell down on the job here.

Anyway, I might further massage it later, but for now, it's ... better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks