• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 starter

red devils dude

ok you lost me a ring gear like on the flywheel? or the drive gear on the starter?,
check the make of the starter a local electric shop might be able to mach it for a ring gear go to a chevy dealer.

mangus580

wyliek, is the gear on your starter bad? or the one on the engine? Like RDD said the local starter shop will have one for the starter, as for the flex plate on the engine, I think most GOOD autoparts will have them....

n1vbn

If you need a new flywheel go here http://www.flmv.net/cucv.htm rather than a local auto parts emporium. I replaced my flywheel last year and replaced the Bendix drive (that's the part with the gear that drives the flywheel) on the starter. No problemo since. I spent $125 for a new flywheel THEN discovered the NOS ones for $65 (SIGH!!!). Have fun and yes you can do it by sliding the tranny/transfer to the rear a few inches.

James Shanks
1985 M1009
1998 IMZ 8.103

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks