• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2L Canned Engine

PSturg66

Finally got my 6.2l hummv engine, uncanned. Tore it down and was amazed at how little wear was on the engine and internals. I removed the GPs, expecting to see them all swollen, they actually looked great. Compression on each cylinder, even the 3 oily ones, was pretty **** good. Dropped the pan checked inside, found nothing out of the ordinary. Timing chain was nice and tight. The intake (j code), injector pump, crossover and rocker covers were already removed. Popped the heads, found out why it was swapped. Oil in 3, 5 and 6 cylinder. Boy was I relieved. The crosshatching in the cylinders looked great.

Bad rings i can deal with that. Not bad for 200 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news on your findings.

I have some standard size rings for the 6.2L. Gov issue. PM for details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks