• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5l injectors on 6.2 w/ 6.5 IP

erasedhammer

So I have a 6.5 injection pump on my 6.2, and I plan on replacing my old injectors soon but I don't know which to get, 6.5 or 6.2 injectors...
I am mostly worried about EGTs being too high. Is there a danger to adding those 6.5 injectors to my setup?

Also what's a good reliable source for new injectors? ebay seems to only have used ones, hummerpartsguy maybe?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have a 6.5 injection pump on my 6.2, and I plan on replacing my old injectors soon but I don't know which to get, 6.5 or 6.2 injectors...
I am mostly worried about EGTs being too high. Is there a danger to adding those 6.5 injectors to my setup?

Also what's a good reliable source for new injectors? ebay seems to only have used ones, hummerpartsguy maybe?
As far as I know, EGT's run hot under LEAN conditions. I assume the 6.5's push higher volumes potentialluy creating RICH conditions.

Feel free to correct me everyone.

Ciao,

T

erasedhammer

As far as I know, EGT's run hot under LEAN conditions. I assume the 6.5's push higher volumes potentialluy creating RICH conditions.
Feel free to correct me everyone.
Ciao,
T
Well since I don't have that extra 0.3l that the 6.5 would normally have, I assume a 6.2 thats pushing a 6.5 amount of fuel through it would run richer because of the lower volume of the engine?

Monkeyboyarmy

No such thing as a lean burn in a diesel. There are no throttle plates on a diesel to limit air flow so they get all the air that they can all of the time. Adding more fuel adds more heat.....to a point.

erasedhammer

No such thing as a lean burn in a diesel. There are no throttle plates on a diesel to limit air flow so they get all the air that they can all of the time. Adding more fuel adds more heat.....to a point.
So I should stay away from the 6.5 injectors? the 6.5 IP I got was rated for 165 hp, I'm guessing the 6.5 injectors would really turn up the heat though.