• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 AmP Generator question

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cleaning up my M998 Generator. Cleaned up well but several cracks and pieces are missing from an external band. Not sure of material or importance of this “band”.
Anyone have any info on portion of Generator shown in this picture below. My generator is missing most of this coating and was thinking of removing the remainder and painting over. Thanks for any info.

Ocho

F111A244-C66E-4213-8291-223B5768DEBF.jpeg

Last edited:

papakb

If you had shifted your outline a little to the right at the 3 o-clock position you'd see the model number of the alternator there. Take that number to the Southern Automotive website and you'll find parts breakdowns for it and you can order it from them. They are the current manufacturer for Leece-Neville and Prestolite alternators.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks