• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 Amp Prestolite Alternator

davemccoull

Does anybody know anything about the regulators in these units, i have two spare units with "goosed" regulators. I know all the components are "potted" in, so they won,t be repairable. are new ones available, or exchange. Can they be tested on their own?
Does anybody have the answer
Dave.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A decent automotive alternator/Starter shop should be able to test them. I got a 100 amper off of ebay, I brought it in to the local alt/starter repair place, the guy asked me "whats that out of" I told him a military Humvee. He said I need to drive it down to the shop one day and let him check it out. He bench tested it for free. Turns out it did work. Actually put out 125 Amps.. :)

If yours is blown, you have some options. One is this place, but it aint cheap.. http://stock-number.com/

In the past few issues of MV magazine, there is an ad for a place that deals with the 60 ampers also. Dont have access to MV mags right now. Im sure someone else can help with that. Also, you might be able to get a "stuck shaft" one off of ebay and transplant the components to your if you know the rest is bad. Let us know what happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks