• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 series Detroit air box horn.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Detroit dealer did not know what it was. After talking to some members it was a military upgrade and it pulls dust from the air box when running any boost. Just for smitts and giggles I thought I would find out how many psi the valve opened at. I took it off and hooked it to my house air compressor and used the regulator found it opens a 3 psi. I caped off the valve and took the truck for a ride but without some weight behind me I could only get 15 psi. The most I can get when the trailer is hooked up and climbing a good grade is 17psi. My horn weld was cracked real bad when I got the truck so I just removed it for now so I don't loose it on the road. I guess I could weld it back or just remove the whole system.
So with that small of a line coming off the valve / intake do you think there could be much of a boost loss? I don't feel like hooking up the trailer just to check and not many hills around here.

Attachments