• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

600 Members!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how do we figure out what our "join number" is?
You are number 1874.

Move over somebody's username the hold the cursor over "send a PM". The address at the bottom of the screen has the member number at the end of the address.

Edit- I'm not sure it works on everybody. The reason I say this is because if Stretch and Westy are right about their member numbers it doesn't add up. They both show numbers much higher than what they claim. Some of the early numbers may be off because of site crashes and upgrades.

Last edited:

M1031CMT

Great site, but like most forums, 1/2-3/4 of them are likely non active members (do not log in or have ever posted). I admin another forum online and we use to have a few thousand members. We decided to check to see how many actually visit the site. Found half had signed in once, looked around and never been back (and it had been years since they did that). Another part had registered, posted 1-3 times, then never come back (including never logging back in). You also had your spam accounts or multiple accounts (people who forgot their login info and created another account). Etc.

In the end we found there were less than 300 regular members. We deleted all the accounts where they had never posted and it had been 2+ years since they created an account. That cleared out a huge amount of members. It also caused the software to run faster not having all that data in the system anymore.

Numbers don't really mean much. But it is still impressive non the less. Even if someone does not post, as long as they log in they are an active member. So ~400 people a day on the forum is still a **** of a lot of people.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You are number 1874.

Move over somebody's username the hold the cursor over "send a PM". The address at the bottom of the screen has the member number at the end of the address.

Edit- I'm not sure it works on everybody. The reason I say this is because if Stretch and Westy are right about their member numbers it doesn't add up. They both show numbers much higher than what they claim. Some of the early numbers may be off because of site crashes and upgrades.
IF MR. SS founded the site, how come his number is 501, NOT # 1
If MR. SS is 501, I would have thought MR. DH would be 503, NOT a newbe number of 1976, heck the GIMP has a number of 1874, my number is a LOW 1379

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IF MR. SS founded the site, how come his number is 501, NOT # 1
If MR. SS is 501, I would have thought MR. DH would be 503, NOT a newbe number of 1976, heck the GIMP has a number of 1874, my number is a LOW 1379
From what it looks like to me, everybody that joined after 2006 or so is pretty accurate. Anybody before that may or may not be right. I think the site had problems sometime before '06 and some (if not all) people's numbers got messed up.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From what it looks like to me, everybody that joined after 2006 or so is pretty accurate. Anybody before that may or may not be right. I think the site had problems sometime before '06 and some (if not all) people's numbers got messed up.
Maybe just started over (500) after the first big crash,

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am surprised the number is not in the 100,000 + category. Doing many searches on google I have found that 9 out of 10 searches refer back to a SS thread. You tube video's are way up in numbers as well. I think Mr.SS did a good thing.............:driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The older ones might be off. Mine shows 785 and I'm pretty sure I was around when member 600 joined.

Gunfreak25

I can't count the number of times i've called some parts house or something of the sort and we get to talking about military vehicles, I tell them I am a SS member and they are all like "oh yeah i've heard of that!" or they know someone who is an active member.

Being a SteelSoldier and owning SteelSoldiers has gone national and mainstream. It's hip. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks