• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6BTA 12V Cummins and 47RE or 47RH swap

RPMRPM

Hey guys I’m wondering if anyone has put a 47RE/RH in a humvee with a Cummins, I’m planning on doing that since I’m very familiar with that motor and transmission combo since I build them for drag racing and sled pulling all the time for customers and just wanted to see if you guys knew what I’d have to go through to make them fit

also will The T case hold up if not how had to put a NP241DHD in it and same question with the diffs and half shafts, the transmission is built to handle the engine no problem and the engine is at 800HP and the engine so probably something like 700-740 at the wheel, with twins so I don’t know if that’ll fit under the hood too

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even though the 47RE has only 4 gears the top gear is not that much different than the Allison 1000 .69 for the 47RE and .61 for the Allison.
Every Cummins/HMMWV conversion I have actually seen (youtube certified) had the Allison.
I would think if I can stuff a A1000 in the 47RE should not be a problem (well everything about a conversion is a problem)
Unless it is much longer than the Allison 1000/MP transfer case than I would think it is doable, but then again I think allot of things!!
I would of course prefer to start with a basic/A1 with the 2.56 gears and would definitely stay away from the 3.08s
Of course going 800HP I would expect to break allot of stuff, I have not managed to break anything with tunes to 475HP, but have spent most of the "testing" at 385HP.
I have 11k on the conversion this week.
EDIT, keep us posted!!
Also what are your plans for this truck, at 800HP it obviously would not be a "daily driver"

Last edited:

RPMRPM

Even though the 47RE has only 4 gears the top gear is not that much different than the Allison 1000 .69 for the 47RE and .61 for the Allison.
Every Cummins/HMMWV conversion I have actually seen (youtube certified) had the Allison.
I would think if I can stuff a A1000 in the 47RE should not be a problem (well everything about a conversion is a problem)
Unless it is much longer than the Allison 1000/MP transfer case than I would think it is doable, but then again I think allot of things!!
I would of course prefer to start with a basic/A1 with the 2.56 gears and would definitely stay away from the 3.08s
Of course going 800HP I would expect to break allot of stuff, I have not managed to break anything with tunes to 475HP, but have spent most of the "testing" at 385HP.
I have 11k on the conversion this week.
EDIT, keep us posted!!
Also what are your plans for this truck, at 800HP it obviously would not be a "daily driver"
I’m working on converting a M920 to a camper and I’m gonna tow a trailer behind it with the humvee for cruising around or exploring where I set the camper up in something more manageable but other than that, Really more of a toy, my daily is a twin turbo 12V Cummins in my 98 ram 2500 pickup that makes about 680 WHP last time I Dynoed it. I do have to be careful with that truck in the rain tho I will admit I used to have a sledpuller 66 and the turbo would light and hit too hard and brake the tires loose at 70 on the highway but going to twins calmed that down a lot

RPMRPM

I’m working on converting a M920 to a camper and I’m gonna tow a trailer behind it with the humvee for cruising around or exploring where I set the camper up in something more manageable but other than that, Really more of a toy, my daily is a twin turbo 12V Cummins in my 98 ram 2500 pickup that makes about 680 WHP last time I Dynoed it. I do have to be careful with that truck in the rain tho I will admit I used to have a sledpuller 66 and the turbo would light and hit too hard and brake the tires loose at 70 on the highway but going to twins calmed that down a lot
I figure with twins on the humvee it will probably drive about the same as the pickup

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks