• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6x6 Intermediate axle vent, sensor or???

coachgeo

RE: circled item on back of Offset Gear Box on Intermediate 6x6 axle.
Curious what this is... vent? (but it looks electrical) Oil pressure? Speed sensor? Axle Temps?
WhtIsThsAxl.jpg
Thanks in advance for guidance.

coachgeo

Might make a fun "What is it" game. If anyone knows the definitive answer then PM me with it. Will hold it till someone guesses correct. Am downloading MTV manuals to search as well. winner gets aaaa?? Dancing Bannana? :naner:

predictions so far:

. Oil pressure sensor
. Oil pump to move oil up and then flow down thru the Gearcase

Last edited:

coachgeo

Yours is crated that one is on a parts truck out back. Just too busy to play with it.
No problem, know your busy. You got a busy biz to run and probably plenty more on your plate too before you kick in with all the help you offer in here when you can. If you get to it..... email or PM me what you find out.

Till then changed my post figuring ... might as well have fun with it. Look forward to folks guesses.

Johno176

NDT has it. That is exactly what it is. When the trans is set into mode, air is supplied and the inter-axle diff lockout is actuated.

coachgeo

NDT has it. That is exactly what it is. When the trans is set into mode, air is supplied and the inter-axle diff lockout is actuated.
Thanks Johno..... you and the manuals say.... Ding Ding Ding...... Dancing Banana for NDT :naner:

Makes since that with Mode button not on..... rear most axle is in Tag Axle operation. The way you worded it sounds like your saying it is an Allways Off Solenoid till Mode button is pressed; switching it on. Does air have to stay on to keep it activated?

Last edited: