• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7.00 x 16 tires

jimm1009

I found a place that offers a smooth tread tire in a 6.50 and 7.00 x 16.
I am not a fan of some manufactures but these size tires are almost impossible
to find now.
Any suggestions for a smooth tread or a modern mud and snow without being
a radial? Am not interested in NDT or NDCC treads and ONLY 7.00 x 16.
Link to tires found.
https://simpletire.com/duro-716-3650616750f-tires

NDT treads below. Anyone have good luck with this brand?
https://www.performanceplustire.com...ire/speedway-truck-or-military-bias-ply-tire/

jimm1009
'51 m38
'46 cj2a

Last edited:

m38inmaine

When I restored my M38 I purchased my NDCC tired from universal tire, they have the correct tubes and flaps and are familiar with military vehicles. They attend a lot of shows and can deliver them to save shipping.

jimm1009

Well I decided to experiment with 7.00x16 NDT's from STA. A slightly different pattern but should handle
ever so slightly better while still being an NDT (if there is such a thing). Made in 2017 and $109 each on ebay
so it was easy-breezy. Still waiting on new paint to cure so they are not mounted and therefore not been tried.
jimm1009
Speedways+Angle.jpg

jimm1009

It sounds like I may come that way to have mine mounted.
If so I will bring them by for your review with a day or two notice. I am anxious to get them
on the road and see how they work. Obviously will not be the ride
of a radial touring tire but we are limited by the number of manufacturers
these days.
m1009jim (Jim)

jimm1009

Speedways+Angle.jpgSpeedways+Tread.jpg

Here is the tire that I decided to buy for now.
The jeep will not be on the road until right around Christmas
so I can not post a mini-review until after that.
Jim (jimm1009)

just me

As to the Speedways tires. I have them in 900-16 on my M37. They wear well enough if your alignment is good. They aren't the most round tire I've bought, but are worth the money for a driver.

redlight

When I went to buy new rubber for my M151 I saw those tires. When I compared several listings on Amazon and E bay, there was statements about load rating. some were 4 ply and other were 6 ply. I ended up buying tires from Summit Racing with free shipping. I ended up with Coker tires.
I am happy with them

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2cents
+1 on Summit. I ordered coker/firestone NDCCs a couple years ago. Hard to beat fast free shipping.
I have also bought PowerKing Super Traction for my Austin Champ from Simpletire.

I have also looked at tires-easy.com .

They always seemed to have access to the same deals and sales at the same time. Both in California
Shipping was reasonable with Simpletire.
Consider a spare, or two, to save shipping, it will cost you more on a single tire later.

Since post war jeeps were used as farm implements, you might use the size and tractor tire in your searches for a set of non-lug tires.
Also search on the other old 4x4 forum sites (broncos, international harvester, cj3b) for leads

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks