• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 Truck Convoy !!!UPDATE!!!

maxim

RE: Re: RE: 7 Truck Convoy !!!UPDATE!!!

In nearly 370 miles at 45-48 mph everyone passed us. We got waves and smiles from vehicles big and small. We were going to pull the M105 with a duece but wound up leaving it on the van. If there was a breakdown, the van would be a bit more convienent to move around as all the tools, lube,spares were already in it. All the correct insurance binders, temporary trip permits (for Indiana) were in each vehicle. It was very well organized and safety was stressed, and frequent stops to keep all alert and as fresh a possible in a 10 hour trip. Each time we stopped each driver was out checking hubs, tires, adjusting mirrors, setting out chocks.

citizensoldier

Re: RE: Re: RE: 7 Truck Convoy !!!UPDATE!!!

maxim said:
In nearly 370 miles at 45-48 mph everyone passed us. We got waves and smiles from vehicles big and small. We were going to pull the M105 with a duece but wound up leaving it on the van. If there was a breakdown, the van would be a bit more convienent to move around as all the tools, lube,spares were already in it. All the correct insurance binders, temporary trip permits (for Indiana) were in each vehicle. It was very well organized and safety was stressed, and frequent stops to keep all alert and as fresh a possible in a 10 hour trip. Each time we stopped each driver was out checking hubs, tires, adjusting mirrors, setting out chocks.
I would like to take this opertunity to thank Maxim for all his help the past year. He has helped me retreive two deuces from MN, unload and PM some M1009's, hook up a M135 for a long haul home, shared 27 hours driving from Mi to Fl and back again, participated in the Fl rally with his bugle, participated in the Petoskey Vietnam Wall cerimony and stole the show with his Doe Boy uniform and 100 year old bugle, helped me load and unloaded many OD parts, worked like a dog on Dave P's pole barn in 90 degree heat, and thats just off the top of my head. He is a true patriot and patient humble helper that can conform to all personality flaws.
THANK YOU ! ROD !

I am Lane Young and I approved this message.. :D :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks