• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700R4 success, I think.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's not directly transmission related but I spent a few hours last night wiring up my auxillary fuse panel and gauge pod.

View attachment 876257View attachment 876258
The lockup solenoid now has its own protected circuit and I just need to connect the trans temp sensor to the gauge, wire the fans to the panel and switch, and all the transmission wiring will be done... for now.
Nice! Fuses to protect... Definitely helps when smoke wants to escape :)
Nice looking gauge panel too.

I would be very careful mounting a trans cooler under a truck lots of stones bouncing around down there may not be long before one punches a hole through it. A lot of guys mount them behind the rear cab window for just that reason.
Trust me, with my tendency to over-plan and over-build, it's a nagging concern. Plan is, once everything is operational, to break out the welder and fabricate a cage and shield.

I swear, the damn fan switches are cursed! I got the switch installed, started wiring it, wasn't paying attention, yanked the wrong wire, and snapped the connector off the switch. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
20220820_142906.jpg
I refuse to buy another one so I took apart a spade connector, stuffed it under the broken tab, and soldered it on at a 90 since that's the direction the wire wanted to go when I yanked it.
20220820_143539.jpg20220820_143707.jpg
It's all in and I hopefully won't have to touch it ever again!!!
20220820_144356.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I swear, the damn fan switches are cursed! I got the switch installed, started wiring it, wasn't paying attention, yanked the wrong wire, and snapped the connector off the switch. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
View attachment 876651
I refuse to buy another one so I took apart a spade connector, stuffed it under the broken tab, and soldered it on at a 90 since that's the direction the wire wanted to go when I yanked it.
View attachment 876650View attachment 876653
It's all in and I hopefully won't have to touch it every again!!!
View attachment 876652
Well... At least you can solder really well.
Sucks that it broke but at least you could fix it.

Finished up last night, for now. So, along with the internal upgrades, I've added a lockup toggle switch with 4th gear pressure switch, cooling pan, pan temp sensor, external cooler with a 180 degree fan switch on the pressure line, temp gauge, tachometer, and capacity is now over 2 gallons of full synthetic Dex VI. I might switch the sensor to the pressure line, next to the fan switch, but I don't think that's super necessary at the moment. I'm really not sure what else I can do to monitor and support the 700R4 so I'm on to the next upgrade. Thanks for following along and for the advice along the way.
20220820_204330.jpg
20220820_141456.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks