• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'71 M35A2 LDT465 fuel issue?

Sparkyz911

Trying to sell my deuce and of course now it wont start, I swear it knows what im up to. I've scoured the forums and need some help.
Issue...Ran it couple months back, started ok but kept dying if I took my foot off the throttle. After it warmed up and drove it for about 20 minutes problem disappeared. Attributed it to sitting. Added fresh fuel and a dose of algecide let sit for 20min then shut off. Started back up next day no problem.

Go to try again couple weeks later to make a proof of life video for potential buyer and it won't run. Replaced all 3 fuel filters, checked prime and have fuel peeing out at the secondary filter petcock when I open it and the switch it on. I also have fuel coming back into the tank return line with steady stream. Try canned starting fluid, crank and fire but shuts down when the fluid burns off.

I'm guessing HH or IP is going/gone...any thoughts?

Sparkyz911

It was definitely sticky. With eng stop lever in I popped the cover off and lever was in the 5 o'clock position not 7. Manually moved it back and forth several times and it loosened up. Left it at 7 and put the cover back. Waiting on battery booster to charge......

This is all new to me....cover had couple spoonfuls of oil in it.

ToddJK

That's good news! Sometimes the float in the FDC gets sticky too, especially if running alternative fuels, which can cause this effect which I've experienced. Hard to start,even with starter fluid, won't idle, and will stall anytime if left to idle no matter how warm or cold the engine was.

Sparkyz911

I've always run pump diesel since I've had it. The previous owner (diesel mechanic) told me he always ran diesel as well. I was having the same issue with idling but it went away after warming up. The fluid in that chamber was black like used motor oil but thin like diesel....thought it was odd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks