• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

71DeuceAK's M936A2

71DeuceAK

On a whim, on the way home from Findlay 2022 I stopped at a towing service in Lafayette, Indiana to meet a Facebook contact from another interest who had offered me an employment opportunity. I had mentioned previously that I spent my spare time playing with old army trucks and he told me he had a M936A2 he almost never used.

We visited, walked through the place, and he told me to go fire up the truck. So I did.

On subsequent trips out that way I would stop by and visit. Even interviewed and was hired for a job there (that's another great story as well).

Every time it was the same thing: "Go start your truck! You're the last person who did! Go make sure the batteries are still up. Bring a cashiers check and take her home with you!"

This went on for a year. Long enough I found myself working there. I would see this thing every day.

If you listen to him I have had this thing for over a year, but some money did change hands on Saturday. What else would I do on a Saturday evening? People all over are already blowing off fireworks, it's 80 degrees, humid and raining, and here I was sweating to death in the back of a junkyard behind a barn full of square bodies behind a Sears catalog house fighting a stiff PTO lever.

I will grab the obligatory pix tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks