• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

74 A2...with a partial 12v conversion

Thumper14

Quick intro. About to turn 30, native floridian that loves the woods! I started climbing trees, to jumping and cutting trail with bicycles to riding and racing quads to now riding a dual sport all over the state (and beyond). Outside of a couple chevy trucks, most of my off roading has had my legs straddling an engine. Never wanted to get into jeep wranglers because the price tag doesn't make sense, at least not at this time in my life. However...

Probably selling my 74 MGB to acquire the above. Owned by my father-in-law who was a seabee. It doesn't run at the moment only due to a started 24v to 12v conversion. Meeting up with him tomorrow to take a thorough look and see if its worth 1k to me.

Body is perfect and I'm 99% sure its rust free. He doesn't drive with a heavy throttle so I know it wasn't beat up. He did paint it red though... What sort of things should I look for? Its been garage kept for 10yrs.

I will provide some pictures and a great deal more info tomorrow, but just wanted to touch base with the experts! High believer in forums and look forward to the shared knowledge of everyone here!

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is exactly how I got my deuce. Prices for wranglers were crazy and then one youtube video led to another and then I was watching Deuces. The rest is history.

Thumper14

So I've learned this is in fact a titan replica. Doesn't scare me away, just worry about finding the right parts when I need them. Any idea about the wiring? Most of it looks good but it's hard for me to tell if the alternator/generator is wired correctly as well as lights/gauges.

ran great prior to conversion (confirmed) worth a grand?

Thanks!

Thumper14

Welp, its home! Got it cleaned up and the six year old optima red top is charging (wishful thinking). Gas tank is in good shape but fuel sat for that same ammount of time, so it needs to be cleaned.

Outside of that, when i tried to roll the jeep onto the trailer, it acted like it was in gear. Dropped the driveshaft and it rolled...not sure if thats something with the transfer case or what.

Once I know I can put fuel to it, i'm going to turn the key and see what I got. Also want to send the carb down to brooks engines in clearwater to get cleaned up and get the dead spot removed.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks