• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

76761 N1307 280 amp 28v,how to wire?For a 28v generator

patdufo

I think I might just need a pigtail?Or a wireing diagram?Any how I want to use this to charge a large solar bank,I have had it for years and never found the info,just thought of looking here,if some one has a pigtail for sale let me know or where to find one?thanks

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For Reference on what part he's talking about.
(according to ebay listing, this is the whole install kit)

1700139625276.png

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as a pigtail for connection, you'll most likely have to make one yourself or find someone who can make it.

patdufo

As far as a pigtail for connection, you'll most likely have to make one yourself or find someone who can make it.

How do I find the kit?If I could get a pin out I could make a pigtail,also do I even need it?would it work in a generator with out it?There is a positive and negative on the alt?Pins could be for specific truck?And thanks for the info!!

2Pbfeet

I think I might just need a pigtail?Or a wireing diagram?Any how I want to use this to charge a large solar bank,I have had it for years and never found the info,just thought of looking here,if some one has a pigtail for sale let me know or where to find one?thanks
Have you tried reaching out to Niehoff, or who,ever made your particular generator/alternator head? There are a couple of variations, and without photos, it is a little hard to tell.
FWIW: this might help

All the best,

2Pbfeet

patdufo

Have you tried reaching out to Niehoff, or who,ever made your particular generator/alternator head? There are a couple of variations, and without photos, it is a little hard to tell.
FWIW: this might help

All the best,

2Pbfeet
yes I called them once a few years ago talked to support about all he told me was around 11hp for motor,what you sent me looks like it will work and tells me the pinout,I think I wont have to even use it as in an open air generator I dont think that I will need to monitor temps,if Im lucky just need the battery cables,and thank you verry much for this reply!!

coachgeo

yes I called them once a few years ago talked to support about all he told me was around 11hp for motor,what you sent me looks like it will work and tells me the pinout,I think I wont have to even use it as in an open air generator I dont think that I will need to monitor temps,if Im lucky just need the battery cables,and thank you verry much for this reply!!
did you get anywhere on this...? considering one of these for an LMTV

Does anyone one know what vehicles these came on? or are the basically a gen head only? If vehicle then maybe the pin out to the N1309 regulator that can be used with this alt is in that vehicles Schematics?

coachgeo

Hmmm...@coachgeo I don't know what to say. The link worked for me. Here is the file;
would be strange but might have been Neihoff and Brushless was down yesturday?? DIscovered after a while that could not get ANY link to either of those two to work yesturday.

Anyway.... thanks..... How confident are you that the 535's regulator info is somewhat generic to Neihoff's wiring scheme?

BTW it appears the vehicle version of a regulator used with this alternator is not same one used for it's generator set up like shown in above kit. (Generator version uses the regulator # 398 ) When this alternator is used on vehicle it uses N3109 regulator. Maybe only difference between them is that the generator version has some user built in settings to match batteries being charged .... and the vehicle model N3109.... is flatly set to common military vehicle batteries. (AGM?) Anyway N3109 that comes with a harness from regulator to alternator.

Am trying to find pin out to the 3109's "vehicle harness plug" to find excite wire. IFFF 535 is similar than that document helps

BTW- anyone know what the 3 wires mean in vehicle harness in the PDF (shown below) .. do understand IGN is same as excite wire... not sure what other two are nor if need them on a non computerized vehicle.

Hmmm.... is the IGN likely a 24v excite or a 12v?

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

BTW- anyone know what the 3 wires mean in vehicle harness in the PDF (shown below) .. do understand IGN is same as excite wire... not sure what other two are nor if need them on a non computerized vehicle.

Hmmm.... is the IGN likely a 24v excite or a 12v?
answering my own question.... looks like I found answers in the PDF

• D+ output (optional): D+ circuit supplies DC battery voltage for use with charge indicator light or multiplex charge warning input.
• Phase output (optional): Phase terminal/pin taps AC voltage from alternator phase for use with relay or tachometer. Output is typically half of the output voltage at a frequency ratio of 10:1 of alternator speed.

from circuit diagram in PDF appears the IGN (excite) wire is 24v?? would I be reading that right?

what plug type is that likely to be for this 3 wire harness. If I go this route would need one.

2Pbfeet

answering my own question.... looks like I found answers in the PDF

• D+ output (optional): D+ circuit supplies DC battery voltage for use with charge indicator light or multiplex charge warning input.
• Phase output (optional): Phase terminal/pin taps AC voltage from alternator phase for use with relay or tachometer. Output is typically half of the output voltage at a frequency ratio of 10:1 of alternator speed.

from circuit diagram in PDF appears the IGN (excite) wire is 24v?? would I be reading that right?

what plug type is that likely to be for this 3 wire harness. If I go this route would need one.
I am sorry, but I can't help you the connector. I'm the wrong guy for 535 details. I just was interested in your questions and did some poking around. I've been known to walk the aisle in auto parts stores looking for matching connectors, but I'm sure that other folks here can do better than that.

All the best,

2Pbfeet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks