• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802/803 Fuel Stop Solenoid

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone found a part that works as well as the Woodward OEM? I see some generics out there around the $90 mark.

Ray70

Seen similar generic solenoids, but never used one, only originals from Woodward.
If the plunger end is something that can be adapted to fit the linkage bar I would imagine it should work.
If not, possibly machine the plunger ( slot and thru-hole ) to fit the linkage??

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I saw the $200 ones (and GMG isnt far behind at like $228), but these aren't complex devices. I don't have an active need, but just looking to have a couple on the shelf if needed.

Ray70

Hey LITD, I'll make you a deal.... Grab one and let us know if it will work as-is. If you can not use it in it's current form I'll either buy it off you and machine it to fit and throw it in my inventory. Or , mail it to me and I'll rework it for you and send it back.
You can't loose!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to find contact info on that website, and no dice. Through some whois searching its a direct from China website. Not sure I will be giving them business. If I can find the same thing in domestic stock, I might pop though. The end looks threaded so its probably a damn carbon copy of the Woodward part (China... copy something? Unheard of, I know).

I don't have an active need, but in thinking about refilling my depleted parts stash, this is one item I just don't have on the shelf.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is listed as an equivalent to the Woodward SA-3865, so theoretically its a drop in replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks