• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802A hookup?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also the place where the neutral and ground are tied together is also where the solid copper wire for pole and panel is attached. Can I attach the ground and neutral together here? And I should have the bonding strap on Genny disconnected with this setup correct?

Attachments

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in a house wired in the 20's with two pronged outlets some mismatched updated to 3 prong but without ground. And live in a rural area with only a co-op being the only electric choice. Power goes out a lot. Usually just hook up gen to power chords but thought I'd replace the old outlet so I could pick and choose what I turn on.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bonding strap ties N to G for free standing power installations (where you would be running discretely, and with a driven ground rod). If you are wiring into your home, theoretically you disconnect the bonding strap as N and G should be bonded in the home.

Scoobyshep

Ok. The first means of disconnect your neutral and ground are bonded. At this point you can land the white and green to the same place. On the generator there should be a place where the neutral and ground are bonded. That needs to be seperated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks