• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

804-B goes clicky, no starty. Starter motor turns over w/ dead man switch

WildernessJeep

My 804-B (2010 w/ ~600 hours on the clock) is new to me. I'm not a generator guy. I have drained and replaced all the fluids and filters I could find, including fresh fuel. Went to start it and only got a "click". I thought it was the starter solenoid, which is what was clicking without starting. I replaced it last night, but get the same click with the start switch. I tried the deadman's switch on the firewall (right next to the starter solenoid), and it turns over strong. Spraying a quick shot of ether gets it to sputter and rumble, but I don't want to do more than a few seconds of ether so it dies.

The primer pump is clicking away, and I can feel pressure in the fuel line building. Why doesn't my generator start and/or run?

20200304_175850.jpg

Last edited:

WildernessJeep

Okay, so an update, and I'll get video and pictures up this evening. I checked the fuel lines, and as suspected I'm getting good fuel to the banjo bolt at the top of the injector pump, but no fuel coming out of the injector lines from the injector pump. My buddy thinks its a bad injector pump, but I think it's electrical, because the starter motor doesn't work either (only with the deadman's switch). I checked the battle short, and it is good. I will send a full video tonight.

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, I am trying to understand what you mean. The below statment means, the gen set did not start or even turn over when you used the S1 switch? And it did turn over with the S10 switch?

My 804-B (2010 w/ ~600 hours on the clock) is new to me. I'm not a generator guy. I have drained and replaced all the fluids and filters I could find, including fresh fuel. Went to start it and only got a "click". I thought it was the starter solenoid, which is what was clicking without starting. I replaced it last night, but get the same click with the start switch. I tried the deadman's switch on the firewall (right next to the starter solenoid), and it turns over strong.

Now this statement below. Why are you looking at the fuel system? The problem is the set not turning over, with the S1, I think. The fuel system and IP have nothing to do with the starter turning over. Have you downloaded the TM's? The starter can NOT start the set with the S10. Its not designed to do that. Only turn over the engine. NOT START IT. Don't make problems where there are none. Fix one thing at a time.

Okay, so an update, and I'll get video and pictures up this evening. I checked the fuel lines, and as suspected I'm getting good fuel to the banjo bolt at the top of the injector pump, but no fuel coming out of the injector lines from the injector pump. My buddy thinks its a bad injector pump, but I think it's electrical, because the starter motor doesn't work either (only with the deadman's switch). I checked the battle short, and it is good. I will send a full video tonight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks