• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 question

rizzo

DaveP said:
rizzo, if your planning to run the 16's you will not like the performance on the road. my 819 is less than 38,000 and empty its a dog on hills. i put 20,000 on the hook and i liked it even less. empty i guess it's not that bad but im used to a little more horse. it will get 12-00's as soon as there availibility lines up with a pile of cash. also still have the 335 cummins to raise the hp a little. as for off road the 16.00 20's do very well. mine are the ZXL's. they do well in all that i have put them in. one more thing, the 5th wheel height?

I plan on using the 818 for things less than 60 miles from home. I have a road tractor for anything farther. I have other plans for the truck that include the 1600's so I will have to see how it goes.

sermis

I got Kwai's XM818 and trailer here Saturday. The trailer is duel wired. It has a set of 24 volt lights and a set of 12 volt lights.

jwaller

sermis said:
I got Kwai's XM818 and trailer here Saturday. The trailer is duel wired. It has a set of 24 volt lights and a set of 12 volt lights.
ya the 915s they are using have both sets of wires for both the different systems so they can pull anything and still have lights.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My 127 has both light systems and I had to go back down to show the inspector that all the lights on both systems worked before he would pass the inspection on it. I would like to convert all my trucks to LED lights just so they become low maintainance but I am still putting my kids through college so that won't be anytime soon. I see I am thinking the 44,000 on the M818 is low for highway and think the gross t/t weight is around 77,000 on highway which would put it at about 56,000 max towed load. Am I wrong in this thinking/