• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

83 cucv's differences

dstang97

Was under my POS M1028 and noticed that the frame is different than my 85 cucv frame. Where the cab mounts there are two ears that are connected to the frame with a bolt in cross member. Weird that the 83-84 had a lot of little differences. when they were supposed to have been the same.

dstang97

Also a couple weeks ago we discovered that 83/84 had a different in cab wiring harness. Just giving the heads up. It has a Neutral safety switch that had to be plugged in to start the truck.

K9Vic

There is no such thing as a 1983 CUCV, it is a 1984 and they were only sold in model years 1984-1987. All vehicle model years will start around August or September in the previous year, sometimes earlier. The OP has a 1984 CUCV.

dstang97

There is no such thing as a 1983 CUCV, it is a 1984 and they were only sold in model years 1984-1987. All vehicle model years will start around August or September in the previous year, sometimes earlier. The OP has a 1984 CUCV.
Thats why I said build date. Maybe they changed them in 84 for 85.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks