• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

880 vs 1008 Cargo Tarps

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Is there a color difference between these two tarps? Is the 880 one more a brownish drab color versus the 1008 being a more green color?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the answer, but my M880 cover is a dark green, ( wouldn't say brownish drab)
not unlike the Lusterless Forest Green the trucks came with.
As the 383 green is lighter, perhaps the M1008 covers are a lighter shade of green
There are minor physical differences in the covers and bows too.
Somewhere on here there is a military conversion procedure.

combat32

Actually in that pic I had it installed inside out:shock: I discovered my stupidity later, the outside of my 880 cover has faded to kind of a sea foam green,(thats why I thought it was the inside) not sure what the original color was.Back when I was in the Army we still had 880's and I remember the rear cover being a dark green/brown color.If you look at MWMULES photos of his herd you can see some color variations in the cover colors, I am sure different manufacturers made them over the years.Also the 880 cover is made from a more heavy duty material, a lot thicker than the 1008 cover.

I just got a real 1008 cover today and it looks OD to me, probably just got darker over the years.Any source for new 1008 covers out there?

Last edited:

nattieleather

vinyl like any other fabric will varry in color from batch to batch and lot to lot. I've have seen both M880 and M1008 covers come out of the box new and be anything from a forest green to a gray green to a brow green. It depens on the manufacture of the vinyl on the color outcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks