• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 series tachometer pulse sensor

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone know what this thing does? Mine is missing. The manuals haven't told me anything about it. I think it might have to do with the tranmssion shift points, but I haven't been able to trace the wires yet. It mounts in between the tach and the tach cable.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chris:
This is a quick stab at what it might be used for especially if your tach is working, we ran tachographs in all of our M915's and I have seen them in your series of trucks too especially if they were in USAEUR as the Germans liked the data collection it gives to prove the speed and other functions of the truck in case of a speeding stop or accident. I am not sure on this but there sure is a tach input reqirement for the tachograph

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks David. I actually just found something in the wiring diagram called a tach transmitter. I think it is the same thing. The wires from it are numbers 994 and 995. They don't tie into the vehicle electrical system. They only lead to the diagnostic connector. I guess it gives tach data to the STE/ICE? Thankfully it doesn't seem to be required for normal operation. :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
emmado22 said:
Seems like you lucked out on that part..

TM's are very helpful, huh?
Heck yeah! I'm sure it is a pricey item if purchased new! TRM's are cool. You just have to know how to translate sometimes :wink:

Some really cool guy gave me a copy of some important TM's including the ABS MWO. What a guy :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks